Nsfas online application
If you’re in need of financial assistance to study at a tertiary institution in South Africa, you might want to consider applying for Nsfas.
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) was set up by the South African Government to provide students with financial assistance to cover the cost for registration and tuition and provide allowances for books, food, transport, and accommodation.
Many students face challenges in the application process and that’s why I have written this guide to answer any question regarding the National Student Financial Aid Scheme.
Nsfas Applications for are opening from September 1 – November 30. Applications will also open for Unisa students in September.
Here is a detailed guide on how to apply, how to check application status, how change contact details, requirements to apply and many others.
Many students ask this question. How do I apply for Nsfas online?
Applying for Nsfas online involves a simple process. But before you apply, you need to prepare the following supporting documents for your application which should not be older than 3 months:
- Your South African identity document/card or birth certificate
- ID of parent/s and/or guardian/s (or death certificate where applicable)
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (not older than 3 months) (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income)
- Download the consent form from www.nsfas.org.za and fill it in with your parent/s or guardian/s signatures.
- If you have a disability, download the Disability Annexure A from www.nsfas.org.za and fill it in.