The first step to applying is creating an account.
How to create an NSFAS profile:
- Go to nsfas website
- Click on ‘MyNSFAS Account’
- Register and create a profile.
After successfully creating your account, click on “apply” and follow a quick and easy online application process as below;
- Click on the Apply tab.
- Your ID number, Name, Surname, Cell number and email address will be pre-populated. This information is taken from your profile registration. Fill in the rest of the required fields.
- Once your application is submitted an Application Reference Number is sent to your email and cellphone.
- Upload the relevant documents.
- Agree to the terms and conditions by ticking the box and click submit.
- Once you have successfully submitted your application you will be able
to track your application status!
Download the Application form for new Nsfas applicants.
You can also visit your nearest NYDA Centre in your region, where you will be assisted to complete and submit a manual application.
You need to have certified copies of supporting documents ready before you start the manual application process.
Once you have applied to Nsfas, you should wait no longer than a week to have your application acknowledged.
If you do not receive acknowledgment of your application, you are requested to call the Toll Free Nsfas call centre (08000 673 27).
Note that your application will NOT be considered if;